- Agriculture is an important sector of Pakistan’s economy. This sector directly supports the country’s population and accounts for 25-30 percent of gross domestic product (GDP).
- The major agricultural crops include cotton, wheat, rice, sugarcane, fruits and vegetables.
- The irrigation system of Pakistan belongs to one of the world’s largest systems to support agricultural production.
- There are two main seasons in Pakistan for production of crops: crops such as cotton, rice and sugarcane start in May and are harvested in November, whereas the wheat crop extends from November to April.
- Agriculture sector has huge scope of investment in Pakistan as Pakistan plays a major role worldwide as a rice exporter, and it annually exports approximately 2 million tons, which is approximately 10 percent of the world’s trade.
- Cotton is another cash crop of Pakistan, and Pakistan is one of the world’s largest producer of raw cotton.
- It is important that both Pakistan-Afghanistan collaborate together for the development of the agricultural sector to increase their growth and move towards economic prosperity.
- The brief stats of Pakistan agricultural exports to Afghanistan highlights the importance of scope in this sector for both countries.
For more information on relevant traders stay tuned!